If you’ve ever wondered how a washing machine works, or if there’s a secret to getting your clothes clean and smelling fresh, read on for the basics of laundry.
We’ll take you through the 6 steps of laundry and explain what each one does. From there, it’s up to you to decide which method is best for your specific needs.
1. Sort Your Laundry
There are a few simple steps you can take to sort your laundry more effectively. Start by sorting your clothes into colors according to the fabric they are made of.
For example, white clothes should go in one pile, light colors in another, and dark colors in a third. From there, simply fold your clothes according to their size and shape.
T-shirts should be folded in half or thirds, while jeans should be rolled up and placed inside out so the creases are down.
2. Pre-Treat Any Stains
Pre-treating stains before laundering can help keep your clothes looking and smelling fresh. Here are six tips for pre-treating common laundry stains:
- Use a stain remover that is specifically designed to remove grease, food, and other soils.
- Add 1/2 cup of white vinegar to your regular laundry detergent and wash the clothes as usual. The vinegar will act as a natural degreaser and will remove most odors and stains.
- Pour a small amount of hydrogen peroxide into a spray bottle and mist the stain until it’s covered. Let the peroxide work its magic for a few minutes, then rinse off the stain with water.
- Sprinkle baking soda on the stain before pouring in boiling water from a kettle.
3. Choose the Right Detergent
Choosing a detergent can be a daunting task. There are so many different types and brands to choose from, and it can be hard to know which one is best for your specific needs.
Here are some tips to help you decide which detergent is right for you:
- Choose a detergent that is based on the type of fabric you are cleaning. For example, if you are cleaning clothes, choose a detergent that is designed for clothes.
- Choose a detergent that is biodegradable. This will help reduce environmental pollution.
- Choose a detergent that has a low environmental impact. This means it uses less water and energy in its production process.
- Select a detergent that has been tested worldwide for its ability to clean dishes effectively.
4. Add the Detergent to the Machine
Detergent is an essential part of most machines. Without it, clothes will not come out clean. There are a few different types of detergent, and each has its own benefits.
Some detergents are gentle enough for fabric softeners, while others are more harsh and perfect for hard water areas.
5. Select the Cycle and Temperature
Selecting the correct cycle and temperature for your grow operation is important for a number of reasons.
- First, the chosen cycle and temperature will affect the plant’s growth rate and the quality of your produce.
- Second, incorrect selection can result in excess heat or cold damage to your plants.
- And finally, choosing the wrong cycle or temperature can also decrease yields or even prevent your plants from growing at all.
Here we provide a guide to selecting the right to grow cycle and temperature for your specific setup.
6. Add fabric softener (if desired)
A fabric softener can be used to help keep clothes smelling fresh and free of static.
It is often recommended to add it to the wash before adding fabric softener sheets, but this can vary depending on the type of fabric softener.
Some people also like to add fabric softener to the dryer setting in order to keep their clothes feeling softer for longer.
In conclusion, the 8 steps of laundry are sorting, pre-treating, washing, rinsing, drying, ironing (optional), folding, and putting away.
By following these We Wash 24 Laundry Service simple steps, your laundry will be clean and organized in no time!