Low water pressure is one of the biggest problems for homeowners and because of that; they have to face so many difficulties in their homes.
If you have low water pressure you need to solve it as far as possible. To solve the matter, we came here with the solution of How to Repair Low Pressure in a Kitchen Faucet.
Find Out the Problem
The first thing you need to do is, you have to find out the problem of the low water pressure. You have to determine the size of the problem to resolve the issue. It is not necessary that the problem is in your house, it can happen from anywhere.
If you have low water pressure in your house, check the neighbor’s house to see whether they have the same situation. If they do, it is likely an issue with the municipal supply. In this situation, you have to install a water booster to increase the water pressure. If you are hesitant to do it yourself, you can contact Sydney plumbing services.
If your neighbors do not have any issue regarding low water pressure then the problem lies elsewhere.
Where to Look if the Problem is in Your Home?
If you remodel and add water outlets to your home, that can cause the pressure to drop. In this situation, you may need to increase the size of your main water pipe.
To control the pressure of the municipal water into the home, many homeowners use a regulator known as a pressure-reducing valve. It is very effective to control water. The shape of the material is bell-shaped and located on the waterline where the line enters the home.
Sometimes low water pressure can occur because of settings. If this is the case, loosen the screw located on the top of the valve to increase the water pressure.
After completing your setting run the water to check the water pressure. Sometimes, the valve of the pipe can affect the water pressure to some or all of the faucets in your house. If you think so, you need to replace the valve.
The leak is another cause of low water pressure. To check whether there is a leak in your house, the first thing you need to do is, you have to turn off the main water valve. After that, check the line to find out any leak in the line.
Fixing Kitchen Faucet for Low Water Pressure
If you are determined, that the water pressure problem relates only to your kitchen faucet, and then you can easily solve it. Usually, low water pressure in the kitchen faucet is usually caused by two reasons: one is a blocked aerator and another one is blocked.
Check the Aerator
To fix your problem, you need to check the aerator of your kitchen faucet.
- First, unscrew the aerators body from the faucet by twisting it
- To remove the aerator, use the pliers
- Take a clean towel and lay it on the countertop
- Put the sinks drainer in place so none of the aerator’s parts go down the grain
- Now you need to separate the outer housing from the outside shell
- Keep all of them in order on the towel
- Remove the washer, flow restrictor, mixer, bushing, and sleeve
- Clean it with an old toothbrush, if necessary, you can use vinegar and water to remove the scale
- Reassemble all of the parts and put the aerator back on the faucet
Replace the Cartridge
- Turn off the supply line of the water and use a stopper so nothing runs down the drain
- Remove the faucet cap that covers the faucets screw
- You need to wrap the plastic tape around the teeth of slip joint pliers
- Some nuts hold the cartridge, loosen and remove the retaining nut
- Place all the nuts in a towel so that you can replace them using the same nuts
- Remove it by lifting it straight up. If it is difficult to remove, use a cartridge-pulling tool
- Rinse the cartridge with water but if you find many scratches in it, you have to replace it
- Slide the cartridge into the opening
- Reassemble the faucet and turn the supply line to check it
There is nothing much difficult to solve the low water pressure issue. Once you determine the problematic place, it will not be so tough to resolve by following the solution of How to Repair Low Pressure in a Kitchen Faucet.