When you are faced with the task of moving long distances, you will have to determine how to move. Do it yourself, hire a big truck or private movers, or choose a company like LD Movers that provides turnkey moving services.
Let’s look at the pros and cons of the two most common options if you move to a neighboring city or country: hiring private movers and hiring a moving company. These are the two options most often used to facilitate a difficult move because long-distance moving involves a lot of preparation and details along the way.
When moving, you have several options:
- Hire individual movers from advertisements
- Medium-sized companies
- Large companies with excellent reputations
Moving Companies VS Contractors from Advertisements
Not knowing how to choose a moving company, due to inexperience, many people today start cooperating with brigades of movers. In an attempt to save money, they lack the necessary qualifications, guarantees, and polite communication. Homegrown specialists can not provide the client with the necessary packing materials for the move and often do not have all the necessary equipment.
A moving company offers a range of services, unlike contractors who can be chosen from various bulletin boards. Even if great at planning and organizing a team, things can go awry with multiple professionals.
While a moving company performs the entire range of options from packing to arranging things, different contractors will only perform specific paid actions. Therefore, you will need to take care of packing, disassembling, and reassembling furniture, calling for freight transportation, hiring movers, and much more on your own.
In this case, the savings may not justify themselves at all, and one of the many specialists, to let you down (for example, will simply stop contacting you).
If the loader is delayed, you will have to pay extra for the downtime of transportation. If the car is delayed, then the movers may require additional payment. No matter how well-prepared, the whole day will have to be under stress so that everything goes as it should.
Ordering moving services will help avoid such problems. Make an estimate and make sure there may be no savings with multiple contractors. Count the packing materials, the cost of truck transportation with drivers, and hiring movers.
When you contact a moving company, you can calculate the approximate moving time and guide you on the approximate final cost.
With contractors, it will be known at the end how long the move will take and how much you will have to pay.
Experienced Moving Companies VS Average Moving Companies
Many firms represent medium-sized moving companies, but even here, it is difficult to find a responsible and professional contractor. Most of them are represented by young organizations, which give the client a large number of promises but do not always fulfill them. This is due to the lack of harmonious work, coordination between all performers, and the absence of management staff.
Cooperating with such companies, you should be very careful not to encounter fraudsters.
The largest number of guarantees can offer only the real coryphées of moving. They are represented in the modern market by only a few firms but have more than ten years of experience.
Even with higher rates for their services, they win in terms of quality of service. It is equally important that such companies have a large number of regular customers and are ready to boast customer references.
Standard moving companies solve the following problems:
- Office relocation (office relocation from 1 workplace “turnkey”)
- Condo moving (apartment moving from 1 room “turnkey”)
- Transportation of large/heavy loads (piano, billiard table, aquarium, safe)
- Any services related to moving (ordering movers, cars, carrying, rigging, packing separately, etc.).
Advantages of a Moving Company
- The time you were saving. If you have a tight deadline for the move, hiring specialists who will organize a turnkey move is worth hiring. You will only have to spend a few days packing and transporting things.
- Proper packing and transportation of things. Since movers make money from moving, you don’t have to worry about the safety of things. Professionals with experience know how to pack items properly so they are not damaged.
- Equipment needed. A professional mover will have the skills, knowledge, and equipment to pack things quickly and efficiently. Believe me, it will be quite problematic to carry a refrigerator by yourself without special cables.
- Quality materials for packing. You will not have to choose all the items yourself in the construction store, it will be done for you.
- Guarantee of safety. If you move without the help of professionals, any broken or damaged items will mean that your belongings will not be replaced, and your money, as a consequence, will be lost forever. By contracting with a moving company, you guarantee insurance and security.
- Avoid getting injured when moving on your own. If you decide to save money and move things on your own, be prepared for injuries. Moving bulky and heavy items is not as easy as it seems. Doing so without the proper technique or equipment can lead to a variety of injuries, including back pain and muscle strains. This means that the amount you save will have to be spent on physical therapy and medication.
Are Moving Services Expensive?
Most people think that hiring a full-service moving company is expensive. However, this is not always the case. Calling a professional company can save you money in the following ways:
- You don’t have to hire an extra pair of hands to pack or pay to rent a truck. At the same time, professionals work faster and more accurately.
- Things are insured against damage. If something happens to them, you’ll get compensation.
- You will not spend money on consumables: boxes, tape, tape, and more.
- No gasoline costs for transport.
- Free consultation on selecting the right size of transportation. If you do not have a lot of experience in moving – it will be difficult to choose the size of the truck on your own.
- No risks of downtime. Moving companies have a well-coordinated team, so you should not worry that one of the specialists can fail.
- Time is money. The time that you would spend on your moving can be used to your advantage. Pay attention to work and do not get distracted by the problems associated with the organization of your relocation.
Moving is always stressful and time-consuming. But by choosing a moving company, you can ease the burden. Relax on a moving day, knowing that your belongings are in good hands. Delegate all the dirty and hard work to the professionals. Saving your resources will help you move your home or office quickly and painlessly. Spend your energies on really important things.