You may have heard the term Turkey if you are a meat lover, but many of you may not have the term jerky; it’s also a way to preserve the meat items.
The article will let you know about the recipes or procedures to perfectly cook it or have it; moreover, you must know the advantages, disadvantages, tricks, tips related to it.
However, you can make the meat jerky from any sort of animal flesh, but beef & venison are the most used ones among all; therefore, the article mainly focuses on the core differences between these two.
Anyway, we can get started with the discussion over the venison & beef jerky recipes & the core differences or similarities.
What Is the Basic Concept of Homemade Jerky: Know About It
You can store the meat for weeks or months if you make the jerky from them; the theory is quite simple, you must get the flesh chilled & later preserve them with salt at least. Well, you can also add some more spices or flavors while making it; what things you will add depends on your preferred taste or desired recipe.
You have to check if the meat is lean enough or not because heavy or high-fat meat pieces are barely processed by the system. However, you can make the meat (venison or beef) to cook different delicious dishes at home; please make sure that you have a sufficient amount of ingredients at home, you know the recipe, & it’s healthy for you.
How to Prepare Beef Jerky at Home: Guidelines Step by Step
Let’s see the steps of preparing beef jerky at home & all that you need to during the process without wasting our time; please follow these whenever making beef jerky:
- First of all, you have to take some meat & separate the fibers from bones, but choose from the body parts that have less fat; for instance, chuck is the best option. However, prepare the meat for storage first & you will need to grind the meat first before jerking it.
- Cool the meat along with grinder’s parts in a refrigerator, you may not know but it’s necessary to reduce the temperature to have finely chopped or ground meat.
- After cooling all things for at least 30 minutes, you must rearrange the grinder before putting the meat on the grinder; after you have connected all equipment, you can start grinding the beef.
- In the next step, you can cook or boil the ground beef because it helps to remove the pathogens or bacteria from the flesh & prevents various food-borne illnesses.
- However, after you have made sure that the microorganisms are gone, you can refrigerate the meat to chill it enough. Next, you can add salt enough before putting it to prepare well; it may take some days to get ready.
- You can check if the beef jerky is ready or not after some days or weeks; you can use the end products to cook various items once they are ready. You can add various spices, extracts, vegetables, or other seasonings to prepare delicious items at home quickly.
How Can You Prepare Homemade Deer or Venison Jerky: Step by Step
Follow the easy & simple tips or steps to have venison jerky at home anytime; I hope these would help.
- You have to prepare the meat the same as beef before grinding, especially the thickness; moreover, it would be better if you take an electric deer grinder to grind because they are suitable for you to have the perfect ground meat.
- You have to put the meat for preparation for 5-6 weeks minimum so that it prepares well; it will be ready after that time & you can use them for 2 months.
- Once you have chilled or stored the meat, you can add the rest of the necessary items; anyway, you can add those items even before cooling those.
- Next, you can cook the item following the specific recipe you want to have; that may need some external ingredients besides beef jerky.
Anyway, you may have understood that the method of preparing the beef or deer jerky is almost the same; only their preparation time or recipes are different from each other.
Homemade Deer or Beef Jerky: Which One Should You Choose?
Let’s see the core differences between beef & deer jerky so that you can choose one of them; the list is given below:
- If you think about health, you have to put homemade deer jerky ahead because venison meat is leaner than beef. Moreover, you can have it as much as you want without worrying about the cholesterol; on the other hand, you can’t do the same with beef jerky & keep the consumption moderate.
- Well, beef may contain more saturated fats than deer, but you can get more macro & micronutrients from beef; both of them provide almost similar things, but the quantity is greater than deer in beef jerky.
- Thirdly, you can say that deer jerky preparation & time consumption is less than beef; so, if you’re looking for a fast & easy one, you should definitely choose venison ground meat.
- Next, you may want to have the juicy flavor in your dishes; beef will give you a more intense & better taste than deer, but you can’t underestimate venison as well.
You may find many more differences between these two, but the ultimate choice is yours; you can have which you want, but take care of your required diet while eating. Please check the new & significant recipes of meat jerks on the Internet, especially on YouTube.
The debate of homemade venison or beef jerky will never end, but you had to know the basic things so that you can make the right choice when it’s necessary. You must not hurry at all, follow the rules & steps of making the meat jerky well, & don’t forget to consider all the necessary things.
Prepare venison or beef jerky at home & enjoy the homemade healthy meal yourself; best of luck.