- 1 General Tips and Tricks for a Quick Cleaning
- 2 Clean Your House In 30 Minutes: The Bathroom – About 10 Minutes
- 3 Clean Your House In 30 Minutes: The Kitchen – About 7 Minutes
- 4 Clean Your House in 30 Minutes: Living Room – Approx. 6 minutes
- 5 Clean Your House In 30 Minutes: The Bedroom – Approx. 4 minutes
- 6 Clean Your House in 30 Minutes: The Hall – Approx. 3 minutes
In other articles, we have covered topics, such as major cleaning of your home and how to create a cleaning schedule.
But there is not always a need to clean so thoroughly. Therefore, we are happy to give you cleaning tips and the most effective way to clean your house in 30 minutes or faster.
While it is important to thoroughly clean your home on a regular basis to maintain a healthy level of cleanliness, you do not have to turn into a whirlwind of cleaning products every time you expect guests or when your home just needs a quick update.
Just remember that this type of quick, easy cleaning is meant to complement your regular housework schedule and not completely replace it.
- Ready to List Your Home for Sale? Ten Tips to Make it More Marketable and Get a Quick Sale!
- DIY Nightmares: Six Home Improvements That People Mess Up
- 3 Common Home Damages and How to Quickly Fix Them
- 12 Easy Ways to Refresh Your Home for the Spring
- What to Do After Water Leak Has Been Detected
- How to Repair a Running Toilet
General Tips and Tricks for a Quick Cleaning
The point of cleaning for a small amount of time each day, in addition to maintaining a hygienically tidy home, is to deal with small jobs so that they do not pile up and eventually consume half of your weekend.
By doing this you will have more free time, feel comfortable if you have unexpected guests at home, or if you are expecting guests, you do not need to clean for several hours to prepare, nor do you hire professional cleaning services for your guests to come.
To facilitate the process of quick cleaning, here are some tips on how to clean a house quickly and properly.
- Create a focal point in your home. We bring a lot of unnecessary things into our homes on a daily basis, from dirty shoes to mail and advertising.
For the most part, we do not notice how much effect this can have on our home until it is time to clean.
It is then that we discover forgotten piles of rubbish, and how dirty the floor can get even if you place the best trash compactors at your home.
- By creating an area by the front door to have shoes, jackets, dog leashes, and all other miscellaneous items, you get some control over the amount of dirt and debris that is drawn in.
If you are prone to losing your keys, get into the habit of placing them in a bowl or on a hook near the door so you can make sure you always find them.
- Clean your plates when you have finished eating. No one likes to wash dishes, but our motivation to clean dishes is greatly reduced the more the number of dirty dishes you collect.
Also, it is not nice to see piles of dirty dishes for several days in a row.
By washing used plates after each meal, you will not have to spend a ridiculously long time washing them all at once.
- Wash regularly. Instead of waiting for your “pile of dirty laundry” to spill over the laundry basket, try to wash smaller charges throughout the week.
That way, you will not spend an entire day (or more) washing and waiting for your laundry to dry.
- Have fun. If you really despise housework or find it a really boring job, try to entertain yourself by singing, dancing, whistling, quoting Shakespeare, or whatever you like.
You will be amazed at how fast time passes when you dance around singing your favorite song while cleaning.
Our personal favorite sings and dances like Freddie Mercury while Queen’s “I want to break free” plays in the background.
- Set a timer. Whether it takes 10 minutes or 30 minutes to clean your home, it is easy to get distracted by your phone, children, or how your pet.
Setting a timer for 5-10 minute intervals will help you stay focused and clean your house quickly.
Now that we’ve discussed some small tips to help you get started, it’s time to move on to your new daily cleaning schedule.
Clean Your House In 30 Minutes: The Bathroom – About 10 Minutes
One of the least entertaining rooms to clean is the bathroom. But it does not have to be a difficult task at all.
Follow the steps below to clean your bathroom in about 10 minutes.
- Use spray. Spray everything in sight: sink, bath, toilet, and the floor around the toilet. While the cleaning product is doing its magic, clean benches or shelves and spray them as well.
- Using a clean cloth or paper towels, start from the cleanest surfaces, mirrors, and shelves for example, and work your way up to dirtier surfaces such as the sink and tub.
Pay special attention to the area around taps and drains to remove any limescale deposits that may have built up.
- Tackle the toilet (not literally). Take the toilet brush and scrub the toilet bowl thoroughly.
After this, proceed to clean the cistern, the toilet seat, and the base of the toilet.
Disposable wet wipes are great for this, but if you do not have any choose cloth and designate it as a toilet cloth.
Just use this cloth to clean the toilet and replace it when it starts to get dirty.
- Clean handles and switches. The affected areas in each bathroom are door handles, switches, and support rods (if you have one installed).
These areas are easy to forget, but they are magnets for dirt and bacteria, so give them a quick wipe on the way out of the bathroom.
Clean Your House In 30 Minutes: The Kitchen – About 7 Minutes
Cleaning your kitchen properly is a time-consuming process, so leave deep cleaning for the scheduled day. Now we only need to focus on the areas that are most noticeable.
- Wipe worktops. Give your kitchen countertops a quick transition with a clean cloth and your favorite cleaner.
You do not have to be perfect here, so pay more attention to the areas that collect dirt and grease quickly, such as around the sink and stove.
- Clean drawer handles and refrigerator door handles. These areas can get dirty very quickly from frequent touch. A daily wipe prevents dirt from building up.
- Wipe off fingerprints. Materials, such as glass and polished marble, collect fingerprints like just that. Use a coffee filter to polish them off.
- To make your kitchen feel more spacious and well-organized, store large appliances in a cupboard when not in use, make sure the food is kept where it should be, and keep cookbooks, recipes, and receipts in a special place.
Clean Your House in 30 Minutes: Living Room – Approx. 6 minutes
In most households, this is the most used room and as such, it can often be difficult to keep it clean and tidy.
Spending a few minutes each day cleaning can keep your living room clean longer.
- Find all the remote controls and place them where they should normally be.
- Sort magazines and newspapers that you have in the living room and recycle those that are no longer relevant.
- Fluff up and put all the cushions and pillows back in place.
- Dust and vacuum here and there. The goal is not to clean the whole room but to freshen up the most visible areas.
Clean Your House In 30 Minutes: The Bedroom – Approx. 4 minutes
This is one of the easiest rooms to clean quickly as no one should be there without being invited by you anyway.
- Making the bed. Take about 30 seconds of your time during your daily routine to make your bed. After a while, this will become a habit that you do not even think about.
- Clean up. Remove all shoes (they should be at the front door, remember?) And clothes or other items that may be in the bedroom.
Clean Your House in 30 Minutes: The Hall – Approx. 3 minutes
In most cases, this is the first area that your guests will see, so it is important that this area is kept clean, tidy, and welcoming.
- Quickly vacuum the hall to get up dust and dirt that collects every day. If you are expecting guests, do not worry about mopping as they will get in dirt from outside anyway.
- Make sure all shoes are neatly arranged in a shoe rack instead of scattered around the floor.
If you do not have a shoe rack but have clothes hooks, buy one or more bags to put the shoes in and hang them from the hooks.
So there we have it, your guide on how to clean your home in 30 minutes or less. We hope you will be inspired and take these general guidelines and adapt them to your home and your needs.
By doing so, we are sure you will notice how much easier it is to keep up with the housework. If you want to take cleaning to the next level, consider booking a professional cleaning session.