A twin XL mattress is one of the standard mattress types found in most households.
A twin XL mattress comes designed in such a way that it has a slightly different dimension from twin size mattress. However, most people assume that using the best mattress heat pad on a twin XL mattress is impossible.
This is no true! today, there are more than a dozen different brands that manufacture and market heated pads for twin XL mattresses.
If you are a person who does not know how to set up the twin XL heated mattress pad, then here is how to do it.
Before explaining how to set up a mattress heated pad, here are some things you should know.
Things You Should Know/Warning
- Never use a heating pad with a child, an infant or an incapacitated person.
- It is best recommended that you avoid using a mattress heated pad with a paraplegic, diabetic, quadriplegic person.
- It is imperative that you keep in mind that a mattress heating pad is only best for people who have good skin sensitivity. If he/she is incapable of feeling or expressing the feeling, never use this product.
- Always check the mattress heating pad for damages, if you find a faulty power cord, consider replacing it and not repairing the cable with insulation tapes or connectors.
- A mattress heating pad is not a piece of cloth or fabric, do not treat them as one and try to dry-clean them. Remember, a dry cleaning fluid could kill the heating pad and later lead to accidents.
- If you have pets in your home and have access to your mattress, avoid using heating pads. A mattress heat pad could be punctured, an this, in turn, could lead to accidents or fire.
- Switch on the mattress heating pad only if you are using it.
- Every mattress heating pad comes with a control unit, never keep this control unit near water or window.
- Keep the control unit where you could access whenever required. Never keep it far away.
- A mattress heating pad is designed for mattresses only, do not try to use it on a waterbed, sofa, beanbag, etc.
- Always plug-in the mattress heating pad to AC supply, read the user manual before you start using it.
- Use twin XL mattress heating pad only on twin XL mattresses and never try to alter the design of the product. Each mattress pad is designed to serve a specific mattress size.
- Never use any other electronic heating device or other health devices while using a mattress heating pad. Mattress heating pads are commonly designed to heat the bed and also to support your weight. It is not intended to support anything else, put too much stress or strain on the heating pad, and the consequences could be terrible.
Once you have read the facts mentioned above, always remember to follow them. If you neglect it, it could lead to serious issues.
Here is How to Use Twin XL Mattress Heating Pad
The overall design of different mattress heating pad models could be different; however, the general functioning and setup could be the same. The general steps to set up a twin XL mattress heating pad are mentioned below.
If you already have a twin XL mattress and use it for some time, remove the bedspread on the mattress and then clean the mattress. Use a vacuum cleaning to remove the dust. Get rid of all the sharp objects on the mattress and around the mattress.
Once the cleaning is complete, put the mattress heating pad on the mattress. PS: some mattress heating pads come with labels on it that mention how to lay it.
Check your mattress heating pad, if your pad has such labels, lay the heating pad as specified on the label. However, you lay the heating pad; you should be able to access the heating pad’s control unit with ease.
Now, connect the cords to the module on the mattress heating pad. Check the connection twice or thrice to ensure it is firm and okay. PS: lose connection could lead to fire accidents, remember, everything around this setup is combustible.
Once connected, run the control unit cord under the bed and never sandwich it between the mattress and bed. The best way is to run the cord on the floor under the bed. If the heating pad has a secondary control unit, do the same thing for it. The control unit must be accessible to the user.
After setting up the mattress heating pad for the first time, plug in the power cord to the power supply. Switch on the heating pad, remember to set the temperature to a minimum.
Lay on the bed, once you start feeling the warmth, slightly increase the temperature. Note down the appropriate temperature for you and use it. Before using the heating pad, if you want, you could put a mattress protector over the heating pad for comfort and safety.
Using a twin XL mattress heating pad is not a challenging task; however, you should be careful not to damage the heating pad, mattress, and control units. If you follow the facts mentioned above and steps, you could enjoy the benefits of your mattress heating pad.