- 1 Step by Step Guide to Charge Lawn Mower Battery with Car
- 1.1 Park Your Mower
- 1.2 Choose A Ventilate area
- 1.3 Turn Off the Mower
- 1.4 Connect the Charger with Battery Terminal
- 1.5 Start Your Mower
- 1.6 Important Points That You Need to Note
- 1.7 Jump-Starting a Riding Lawn Mower
- 1.8 Here Also Some Important Points to Note
- 1.9 FAQS
- 1.10 Why Is It Easier to Pull A Lawnmower Than to Push It?
- 1.11 Which Is Better, Electric or Petrol Lawnmower?
- 1.12 How Do You Raise the Height of A Lawnmower?
- 2 Conclusion
Charging a lawnmower battery with a car is not a tough job to do. Following the right process and using the right tools will take up to 15 minutes hardly.
But many people get confused when it comes to this charging, or they don’t wear any safety clothes, google, or gloves to avoid any injuries.
But you need to be aware that charging a lawnmower battery also ends with expensive damage if you don’t follow the proper guide.
If I summarize this charging job, then it goes like this, park the mower in a safe place, lock the brakes, open the hood, connect the cables with the car battery, and mower and change them.
As simple as you think. But still many people are unable to do this small work.
So below, you give a proper step by step guide about How To Charge A Lawn Mower Battery With A Car in the correct way. So dropdown below to know the process.
Step by Step Guide to Charge Lawn Mower Battery with Car
Park Your Mower
First, park your mower near the car so that the jumper cable goes easy to access. And remember batteries are fit under the mower seat, so try to park your car in front of your mower to avoid the long-distance of cables.
Choose A Ventilate area
Choosing the right ventilated area is very important to avoid any damage or explosion when you charge the mower battery.
This is because there is a possibility of fire if harmful gases are released into the air. So try to remove the source of ignition by choosing a well-ventilated area.
Turn Off the Mower
Now ready your mower by turning off the car, park the breaks and open the hood. Now remove the battery or disconnect the charger from the electrical outlet.
And also clean out the battery components. Lastly, open the battery covers for both your mower and car.
Connect the Charger with Battery Terminal
When it is time to connect the charger with the terminal, many people get confused here. So make the process simple; below are the points that you need to follow.
Red leads attached to the positive, positive terminal for both car battery and mower battery.
While the black clam or leads are attached to the negative terminal for both mower and the car battery.
Start Your Mower
After you attached the leads, start monitoring your mower’s display. If you think it’s completely charged, then start your mower.
But don’t turn on the car at this point. First, check if your dead mower battery is fully charged or not. But if your mower is working, then disconnect the charger by removing the cables.
Important Points That You Need to Note
Below we give some important points that you need to note before Charge A Lawn Mower Battery With A Car.
- Don’t charge your mower battery all the time; otherwise, the mower will lose its working ability.
- Try to charge your mower battery when its store in the winter season
- Charge your mower when it reuses after a long time
- Charge the batteries when they suddenly off while you are mowing
- When you are charging the mower, look at your manual instruction for batteries, which will help avoid any mechanical damage.
- For avoiding battery explosion, check the voltage of your mower battery.
- Keep your children away when you are doing this charging work.
- Proper charging of mower batteries will help to increase the durability of your machine.
Jump-Starting a Riding Lawn Mower
Although automobiles or vehicles are the best portable jump starter for the lawnmower, riding lawn mowers can jump-start with a car because it has big space to the input current.
So below is the best process to jump-start a riding mower.
- Park the riding mower on the level surface and turn the breaks on.
- Follow the instruction in your mower manual to start it.
- Park your automobile near your riding mower and turn the engine.
- Open the vehicle hood and raise the riding mower seat to access the batteries.
- Now connect one end of the red jumper cable to the positive terminal on the mower battery.
- Then Attach the other end of this red cable to the vehicle’s positive battery terminal.
- Next, connect one side of the black jumper cable to the negative terminal of the vehicle battery.
- Now connect the other end of the black cable to the metal mower frame.
- On the ignition key and start the mower engine.
- Now it’s time to monitor the display if the battery is fully charged or not. But if the battery still doesn’t charge, then replace it.
- Then disconnect the cables in the right order.
Here Also Some Important Points to Note
- It is ok to jump-start a riding mower battery when the mower has 12v batteries, but if it has a 6v battery, you will have to use a battery charger.
- Check your mower’s manual if you not sure about your mower’s voltage battery.
- Batteries are dangerous because they contain acid and explosive gases. So don’t smoke near your batteries.
- Always notice that cables don’t touch any metal. Otherwise, it will spark and damage the good batteries.
- Last but not least, if your battery dies, then buy a new one by following these features like slow and fast charging capability, Controlled amp rates, Hookup failsafe, etc.
Why Is It Easier to Pull A Lawnmower Than to Push It?
Riding lawn mowers are heavy to push. Because these machines have a lot of equipment attached to them, but when it comes to pulling, it goes easy compared to push because there are many tools that can help you pull up your riding mower to access the underneath part more easily and quickly.
Which Is Better, Electric or Petrol Lawnmower?
According to our research, petrol lawnmowers are more powerful and efficient than electric mowers.
And petrol lawnmowers are useful for dealing with wet, long grass, and long rough ground. On the other hand, electric mowers are better for medium-size or small lawns.
How Do You Raise the Height of A Lawnmower?
Raising the lawnmower height is very simple. Besides the 4 wheels, you can see a little tab. So each tab raises or down each corner of the wheel.
So just pull the tab and move it towards the front ( two notches further towards the front ). So this way, you can raise that specific corner.
It means to follow the process for each tab to increase the height of a lawnmower fully.
So these are some best tips or guides to Charge A Lawn Mower Battery With A Car. What do you think is it simple or not?
I hope it goes more uncomplicated for you after reading this article.
Just keep in mind, vehicles are the best portable option for charging or giving the jump start to your mower.
So just park them, secure them, open the hood, connect the cables, and simply charge the batteries. And also, follow your manual instruction to save your battery from any damages.