There are situations when a person cannot afford to install a stationary air conditioning system, but this problem can easily be solved. It is worth buying a portable climatic device.
The floor air conditioner is a popular and practical device, which is used instead of a fixed split system. Such a device (floor air conditioner) for climate control is also called “mobile” because of the ability to move it from one room to another.
It takes a few minutes to install the device because it does not require any installation work. Despite such a unique feature, the system has a rather large size and weight, which can reach 40 kg. Here the principle applies: the more power and capacity, the heavier the weight.
Modern mobile air conditioners for homes look very aesthetically pleasing and fit into any room design. They do not spoil the interior of the room with their appearance.
The Main Parameters
- To effectively cool the air in a room with an area of 10 sq. m., you need 1 kW. For an office (40 sq. m.), a 4-5 kW unit is enough.
However, you should take into consideration that running appliances produce more heat, so you should consider models with a higher power. So all the workers will be more comfortable.
- The way to remove the condensate. It is worth buying a device with a capacious collector for condensate. So, it is necessary to empty the tank less often.
- Weight and size of the climate system. This parameter is also important. But despite it, each device can be easily moved from one room to another, because floor air conditioners are equipped with special wheels, which facilitate movement and transportation.
How Does a Floor Air Conditioner Work?
- Multistage filtration cleans the air from dust and germs;
- In a night mode the conditioner is working noiselessly;
- The unit is self-cleaning. This feature keeps it clean at all times;
- Self-diagnostics help detect errors;
- Automatic restart or auto-restart. The function is triggered when there is a power outage.
The home air conditioner consists of a compressor, heat exchangers (condenser and evaporator), filters, and a fan. All these parts are connected by pipes where the refrigerant circulates.
The refrigerant, usually Freon, is a chemical that circulates through the tubes of an air conditioner’s refrigeration circuit and transports heat and cold from one part of the unit to another.
It can be in a gaseous or liquid state in the refrigeration circuit, depending on which part of the air conditioner it is in.
Freon Moves Inside the Equipment and Triggers Cooling. The Stages of its Movement:
- Inside the compressor, the gaseous refrigerant is compressed;
- The refrigerant is then fed into the condenser, where it changes to a liquid state;
- After the condenser, freon enters the throttling device, where the pressure and temperature of the refrigerant decrease sharply;
- And already cold and liquid Freon enters the evaporator, where under the influence of room air it boils and turns into gaseous. At the same time, the air in the room is cooled;
- The freon gas from the evaporator enters again into the compressor, and the cycle repeats.
Types of Floor Air Conditioners
There are Several Varieties of Air Conditioners:
- Without a duct;
- With duct;
- With two ducts;
- Inverter models.
Mini Units Without Ducting
This device is a handy monoblock that houses a fan, water container, filter, control unit, and pump. It is often referred to as air conditioners, but this is not true, although this device can replace a standard split system or household air conditioner.
The principle of operation of the monoblock is based on evaporation. A fan sends a stream of air into a filter, where it is cleaned and humidified.
The degree of cooling depends on the initial humidity of the microclimate in the room. The unit is equipped with a container for ice, which is worth pouring water into. This feature provides more effective cooling of the room.
All the moisture that is released during the operation of the device remains in the room. This requires additional and timely airing because the moist air can cause breathing difficulties for a person.
The climate equipment can be used for dacha and at home. Often, the device is installed on porches.
The air cooler for the room is a block, inside which is placed a container of water the source of cold. There is also a grid with fine cells and a fan. The fabric is wetted in the liquid and the air currents that pass through it are cool. So, the air is not only cooled, but also humidified.
Climate (the second name of the air cooler) can easily be confused with a floor system, but in fact, there is nothing in common between them. This is obvious when comparing the purpose and functionality of these devices.
People mistakenly equate air conditioners and air coolers with air conditioners, but in fact, they are separate kinds of devices for apartments.
A Mobile Air Conditioner with a Duct
This is a classic type of device, consisting of a standard monoblock, to which the ductwork is connected. It is led out through the window into the street and the condensate, which is formed in the process of operation, evaporates with hot air and with its flow is removed to the street.
The device includes a container where all the condensate is collected, in which case it can be removed manually on its own as it accumulates.
The device works according to the following principle: normal air enters inside, where the process of evaporation and cleaning takes place.
After that, the cooled stream flows back into the room. The heated air blowing around the heat exchanger of the condenser exits to the outside through a corrugated pipe.
Floor units operate on Freon. It is possible to use the device only after taking the corrugation pipe out to the window. Agree, the process takes time and air conditioning replacement with duct work will require unnecessary costs and time.
A Floor Air Conditioner with Two Ducts
These models are supplemented with a special hose for the intake of airflow from the street.
The principle of operation of this device is identical to the device, equipped with one duct.
Inverter Mobile Air Conditioner
This is the newest device, which does not turn on and off when a certain temperature is reached. The unit runs continuously and adjusts the airflow by itself to get the set result.
Floor systems are mobile and energy-efficient. That is why their demand in the market of climate devices is growing.
This is an affordable alternative for those users who rent an office or apartment, where it is impossible to install heavy equipment.
Moving a mobile unit saves the purchase and installation of stationary split systems that need to be placed in every room.