The right angle drill is built for long-lasting precision and durability. The drill makes it easy to drill straight centered holes in tight spots because of the 90-degree arm rotation.
The effective corded right angle drill can work daily by considering a powerful motor and gears made from durable materials. The auxiliary handle supports better handling when in use.
The chuck is made of metal, giving the drill bits more life because of better retention from the al metal design. Enjoy using the drill because of the rubber handles that offer a comfortable grip.
How to Grease the Gears on a Harbor Freight Corded Right Angle Drill
When it comes to taking care of machines, the most relevant section to look at is the gears. For this particular drill, you can have a continuous routine maintenance program from a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly schedule.
Maintaining the schedule is critical when it comes to ensuring the machine serves you efficiently.
Before getting into the business, here is what you should address
- Personal protective equipment
- Safety shoes
- Eye protection gear
- Breathing masks
Caution: make sure the drill is not connected to power before working on the gears.
Perform a casual inspection of the cables connecting the gears and analysis the status. Look out for cracks, missing teeth, folds, etc. replace the parts that are damaged.
After you use the equipment, keep the moving parts clean by disconnecting the drill from power and dust off the gears. Inspect the plates, wipe off the heads, and lastly, ensure screws and bolts are tightly held in place.
Analyze the alignment of the gears before applying grease. You can apply the manufacturer’s recommended grease or something that works in the same manner.
Using pirate products to maintain your drill may not offer the same efficiency and eventually damage your product.
When on a monthly inspection and greasing, you will perform thorough maintenance. You may have to check some fasteners and confirm if the drill’s vibrations led to misalignment.
Remove the gear cover to check for any damage because it is the primary protection to the running gears.
Inspect the gears’ dynamism by testing by hand by pushing one and seeing if the corresponding gear runs. If there is no gear turning, remember to replace the affecting gear before greasing the gear components.
Things to Remember
For the best outcome, use the recommended greasing products. When a gear component needs replacement, use the same part number from the store for the perfect replacement. You can confirm the part number from the drill’s nameplate.
Maintaining the right angle corded drill is a good practice on a personal level. You can at least give it the professional tune from the local maintenance store. The shops are better when it comes to handling major repairs and rebuilds as necessary.
Why You Need a Cordless Right Angle Drill
- The right angle tool is not a common occurrence in an ordinary toolbox. For those who must use the drill benefit in the following ways.
- Working in tight spaces is one way of utilizing the right-angle drill. Suitable for plumbers, carpenters, and electricians to have to deal with tight spots on various installations.
- Most right-angle drills have 3-speed torque control motors giving you more torque options when you need them. The flexibility gives you full control of the work in progress.
- The versatility of the corded right angle drill is the drive head’s ability to take in additional attachments. The attachments indicate how much work the drill can perform.
- The corded drill makes it easy to reach almost every corner of the house, perform your duty, and leave. Cords that come with this specific drill can go as far as 30 inches.
- The design of the drill works well with handling giving greater control without denying you comfort. The grip works well with the trigger switch increasing your comfort levels.
The harbor freight corded right angle drill’s small natural design makes it easy to clean and assemble the gears back in position.
A drill is a special tool capable of handling regular drilling tasks and their unique talents. When you acquire such a machine, establish a cleaning habit to extend its service life.