Don’t get too comfortable taking a break from home renovations during the winter. You want to be ready to get the most enjoyment from your home and outdoor living spaces come summer.
Don’t waste summer time doing renovations. Get them done in the early spring so everything is ready for the whole summer. Use the winter to plan and find contractors and the spring to get the work done.
HVAC Upgrades for a More Comfortable Summer.
If the furnace is getting older and the home either has an old, noisy air conditioning system, or no air conditioning, winter is the time to shop for a new HVAC system.
Find out what is on the market in the available budget and then choose a contractor to install everything. When picking an air conditionerand a new heating system in Canada, start with FurnacePrices.ca for good information and advice.
It seems like with climate change looming, winters are colder and summers are hotter. Weather and temperature patterns are more unpredictable all the time. This makes it all the more important to have a really good quality, energy-efficient heating, and cooling system for every home.
HVAC systems can combine heating and cooling functions into one set of equipment with one delivery system for both heating and cooling, saving on the cost and space needed for equipment. Combined heating and cooling systems can be retrofitted into most homes.
The important thing is to pick the right contractor and the right type and brand of equipment. Not everyone can afford or wants to get, both heating and cooling equipment now before the summer.
If the furnace is working OK and it is air conditioning that needs to be added, the right contractor can handle that within the available budget. The best time for upgrading the HVAC system is in the spring as the need for heat is ending and it is not yet time for air conditioning to be turned on.
Other Home Upgrades to Complete Before Summer
Spring is the best time to get home upgrades to enjoy during the summer. During the winter, a homeowner can do the planning and budgeting for any renovation projects to be completed in the spring.
This is the time to round up contractors and get bids and then get the materials ordered and ready to go as soon as the weather allows. Good timing will make it so those renovations are complete before the summer outdoor living begins.
Some projects include:
- Cleaning out the home’s gutter system
- Update the home’s window treatments to something more energy efficient and clean all the windows on the inside
- Power or pressure wash the exterior of the home
- Plant new shade trees and shrubs
- Declutter the house and organize the closets and pantry
- Get the deck and fences ready for summer with a good cleaning and re-staining. Add a new patio or deck for summer cooking and enjoyment
- Check on replacing the home siding
- Clean up the yard and exterior areas around the home and upgrade the landscaping
- Build an outdoor kitchen and or remodel the indoor kitchen
- Replace old, energy-wasting windows
- Schedule inspections for HVAC, plumbing, roofing, and electrical systems
- Repair cracked concrete sidewalks and driveway. Repair or reseal blacktop driveways or driveways with other materials
- Create new gardens or get existing gardens ready for planting. Raised gardens are popular and easier to keep up.
Everything you get done before summer will be an advantage when it is time to enjoy spending more time outdoors in the summer weather.