Beds come in different sizes, each having different ornaments, shapes, and usage.
The beds are classified on the basis of size. Named as;
- Twin XL
- Super king
Dimensions of all these beds vary around the world, each has slightly different values. Beds usually come in a rectangular shape. The dimension varies due to the following factors.
- Manufacturing tolerance
- Amount of padding
- Support type
- Manufacturing material
Bedding sizes greatly depend upon the bed size, the size of the bed depends upon;
- The size of your room
- Space available in your bedroom
- Will the bed be used by a single person or more?
- Sleeping style, body size, and taste of the buyer.
Now when you have a single or double bed, it is quite easy for you to buy the right bedding. But, when you have a king or queen-size bed, it is a bit tough to find the right and most suitable beddings.
Although the beddings come in all sizes, finding the right is difficult. And if you find the right bedding for king size bed, it is usually expensive than others.
King Size Bedding
Space is may the reason to go for a king-size bed. A king-size bed has a measurement of 76 x 80 inches, it offers more space to lay and stretch.
You can lay on king-size with your family too because it is wide enough to let all of you lay on.
A king-size bed looks royal, eye-catching, satisfying, and classical. It is expensive as well, because of its large size.
Now when you have done a lot to find your dream bed, you need to put a little more effort to find the right kind sized beddings for your bed too.
It can be a tough and tiring task to find the right and suitable beddings covers, duvets, and bedding sheets for a king-sized bed. Also, I have many products related to king size bedspreads of imperial rooms in bedding and duvet covers.
Tips for Buying the Right king-sized Bedding
Buying king-sized bedding is a bit tiring, not because of its dimension but because of high prices too. Here are a few tips for buying the right king-sized bedding for your bed;
- You must know the right dimension of your bed before buying the bedding set for it. The dimensions of the bed are written on the label or you can get it from the manufacturer.
In case you have lost these dimensions, it’s not a big deal… you can measure the dimensions of yours.
You will need an inch tape only, measure the length of the bed from the head side straight towards the foot side. Now measure the width. Measure the dimensions carefully, it’s very easy and simple by the way!
- Now, when you have the dimensions, look for the bedding sheets first of all. Get the sheets that closely match the measurements, do not expect to get a sheet having exact measurements as that of your
- As far as the duvets and pillows are concerned, they come in the same size, just do not buy the bigger duvet covers and pillow shams than your duvet and pillow respectively.
- Pay close attention to the fiber quality, the better the quality the durable and stronger the king-sized beddings will be.
- You can also go for a double duvet if you want the bigger and king-sized duvets that will complement your bed.
Because both the width and length of the king-size duvets are larger than that of the normal duvets, so just go for the one which is suitable.
- Keep the trends in mind when designing the bedroom. To know about the 2020 trends, have a look at the list below;
- Use a maximum of three colored beddings
- Go for lighter shades for beddings, because they create an illusion or spacious and large bedroom.
- Use lighter tones for bedding.
- Add large mirrors and glossy ceilings to your bedroom.
- Use neutral shades to create harmony between furniture, paint, and curtains.
- Oriental style is trending in 2020, you can opt for this style to make your bedroom classic.
- Pattern bedding sets are also being used in 2020.