- 1 The Land Down Under
- 2 The Common Problems Of People Moving To A New Country
If you are currently residing in New Zealand and are planning on moving to Australia, continue to read further. This article contains information you might need for the said plan.
First, let us discuss the possible reasons why Australia is an excellent place to move into.
Although New Zealand is already a great place, some circumstances would push you to move somewhere, may it be work-related, family concerns, educational purposes, etc.
There are plenty of good things in Australia (see here), and the following are just some of them:
The Land Down Under
1. Less Pollution
Wherever you go, pollution is always unwanted. New Zealand is a place where the air is still fresh; moving to Australia won’t be a problem as breathing fresh air is concerned.
2. English Is Widely Spoken And Understood
Every country has its native language, but a New Zealander and an Aussie won’t have a problem with language; both could converse in English.
3. Good Economic Status
Australians are proud to say that their economy is stable for fifteen years and counting. This leads us to the next point.
4. Plenty Of Job Opportunities
Since the economy is stable, many establishments are opened. This means more job opportunities, not just for the Aussies but also for people from other countries, including New Zealanders.
5. The Health Care System Is Excellent
Australia is considered one of the providers of the world’s best healthcare systems. Citizens are covered with hospitalization and medical payments in public hospitals.
Even visitors and immigrants have access to this healthcare.
6. The Education System Is Exemplary
Australians take pride in ranking 8th in the whole world when it comes to the higher education system. They make sure quality education is provided for everybody there, including foreigners.
7. Beautiful Sceneries
Imagine how relaxing and beautiful the scenery is. New Zealand is a place of wonder when it comes to nature; Australia has this too.
In Australia, summers are warm, and winters are mild. It’s balanced, so you will not have to worry about being too cold or too hot.
The Common Problems Of People Moving To A New Country
“I Can’t Bring All of My Possessions”
The good news is – you can! There are moving service providers like Ausmove, and I used them to move from New Zealand to Australia last year. I have all the stuff I want and need even if I moved to another place.
I also like the moving service providers because they offer a variety of options for you to choose from. Budget and preferences are in place. Problem solved!
“I’m Afraid to Experience Culture Shock”
It is ironic to think of it because you are expecting something that would shock you.
If you think their culture is different from yours (which made you think it will surprise you), they learn and read a lot about their culture before moving.
This will lessen the possibility of experiencing culture shock.
Moreover, you may adapt to a particular culture. Cultural adaptation consists of 4 levels or stages:
You may even liken this to your own experiences when moving out of a house or place you’ve grown accustomed to in the past.
You may check some more details about it at this link: https://www.participatelearning.com/blog/the-4-stages-of-culture-shock/amp/.
“The Possibility of Getting Separation Anxiety”
This is a normal feeling whenever you have to leave something or someone behind, especially those dear to us. This is considered inevitable. However, what you can do is manage and overcome it.
Tips on overcoming separation anxiety:
- Take note that having this feeling is not your fault. It is triggered by something you have to do or something you did, but it is not your fault again. Not blaming yourself is already a good start in overcoming separation anxiety.
- Always be positive. Think of something happy. Think of good things you can have in your new place. Think of all the opportunities that you might not have if you won’t move there. Always think on the bright side.
- Do things that make you happy. Develop new good habits in your new place. Explore. Enjoy everything until you forget about your anxiety.
- Make friends. It is better if you have friends in your new country, but you have to make friends if there is none. This is one great way for you to enjoy and would keep you away from loneliness.
We could discuss so many things here, but what is important to remember is that if you want or need to move, keep on! Learn to get out of your comfort zone.
It might be the best thing you ever did for yourself.