You can preserve the beauty of your landscape with tree removal but apart from that, there is a lot of importance to it.
Though trees are one of the best gifts of nature, there are times when you need to remove them from your premises.
Hiring a professional tree removal service provider like the local tree experts is one of the best options that you can avail of. They will know the importance of such removal and the many approaches that will produce useful results.
Importance of Tree Removal and How to Go About It
- Removing a tree effectively from a sidewalk, a driveway, or anywhere on your premise is necessary to ensure safety to eliminate chances of accidents due to branches falling off.
Apart from the safety aspect, the condition of the tree is also a significant factor for tree removal need.
- Sometimes, overgrown trees and vegetation that go out of hand may need to be removed to eliminate the chances of any potential harm and damages to property and life or even to the sewer and other utility lines.
In addition to that, a tree that is growing haphazardly or dangerously must also be removed even though there is no doubt that a tree is essential for a healthy environment.
- Not only that, but the bulging roots of a tree may also weaken the basement of your property and cause damage to your property.
Choosing a professional service at the right time to remove it will save you from a huge expense in repairing your house. Contact Tree removal service provider West Palm Beach.
Lastly, trees may even be needed to be removed due to limited foliage, improving sidelines, further construction space requirement, and much more.
The Safety Aspect
Tree removals represent one of the most hazardous jobs and therefore safety is the primary concern when you want to remove a tree from your premises.
Workers must use specific safety equipment to prevent them from falls, getting injured due to the falling of branches or a tree, property damage within the vicinity of the fall, sawdust, and other debris.
Trees often weigh in tons and therefore safety can never be guaranteed but taken care of to avoid as much as possible.
Therefore, hiring a professional is the best option as they will be knowledgeable of the proper techniques to follow as well as the safety measures, set guidelines to follow, and of course, the necessary permits required from the relevant authority for such jobs.
Accessing trees safely is the first aspect that will be ensured by professionals. They are professionally trained and fully equipped with the required gear and experience to ensure this.
The first step in ensuring safe access to a tree during removal is to do an assessment of the tree from the ground itself.
The next step is to put together a specific plan of action by the Gold Coast Arborist AusseTreeCare for a safe removal process.
This planning must be done considering the factors mentioned below:
- The structure of the trees and the flaws in it, if any
- The conditions that have caused the tree’s branches to weaken
- The Wind and weather conditions prevailing and the impact that it may have on the process
- Identifying the potential threats from the power and other utility lines
- The potential hazards due to the falling objects
- The chances of damaging wildlife and
- Even the stinging insect nests, if any.
These are the factors that will determine the exact process to follow, the safety precautions to take, and also the total time it may take to complete the process.
As for the personal protection and safety of the workers who will be involved directly in the removal process, it is required that they wear:
- Industrial safety helmets and safety boots
- A pair of gloves
- A pair of goggles
- Probably a face mask
- The recommended clothing that has high visibility colors
- Cut resistant pants and
- Any other gear or apparel that is designed to enhance protection from injury and safety.
As for the required equipment and tools to be used for removing the tree, the workers must assemble it even before the accessing process. The list of equipment includes:
- Manual or power saw and
- Other emergency rescue measures and machines.
Apart from that, they must also focus on other factors such as dehydration or fatigue, especially if they work under hot weather conditions.
Even slight tiredness will increase the likelihood of potential errors that may prove harmful, injurious, and even deadly.
Tree Felling Technique
The next important step to follow by the experts is to ensure safety to the nearby houses, cars, people, and even pets during the felling of the tree.
Amongst all inherent risks of tree removal, the deadliest of all is during the stage when a tree comes down.
It requires skill to avoid damages and injuries caused by a large tree falling and patience to ensure the safety of all workers involved. It must be done according to the set standards.
Once again, assessing the tree properly before cutting into it is vitally important in determining such chances of injuries and damages.
It is required to take into consideration such as:
- Decayed branches
- Foreign objects nearby
- The angle of inclination of the tree and much more.
Just like cutting the tree, felling and proper removing also need a strategic plan. It is important to know the exact place where the tree may fall after cutting and clearing the area beforehand and cordoning it to prevent any harm.
However, everything may not go as planned and there is a high chance that the tree might fall in a direction least expected.
Therefore, the chances of errors during the process must also be taken into account.
There must be a plan B for such situations and the escape route predetermined for such unexpected incidents or the butt of the tree hitting and injuring a worker.
The best way of approach is to keep an additional two tree lengths of the tree cleared before it is cut.
Finally, should any unfortunate incidents happen, there must be enough first aid equipment available including splints, alcohol, and bandages.