“Who doesn’t like to drink juice?”
Even if someone wants to eat fruit without juicing to gain the whole nutrient, it’s not always possible for us due to our busy routine. We work hard all day long to make our dream real & forget about the nutrient of our health needs.
We can alternate fruit with fruit juice to save time & provide nutrients to our body. For that, you must need a juicer & know how to use a juicer.
Juicer – Is It a Waste of Money?
Why do you need a juicer? Can’t you squeeze the fruit & extract the juice out of it using your hand only? Of course, you can. Then buying a juicer is just a waste of money. Don’t you think so?
But let me ask you a question. Can your hands work at the same speed of a machine and can squeeze the same as the machine? If the answer is no, then you must have already known the importance of a juicer in juicing.
Types of Juicer
According to the types of juicers, its’ uses differ. So, it is binding for you if you know the difference. The available two types of juicers are electrical juicers and manual juicers.
How to Use a Manual Juicer?
- Manual juicers usually work flawlessly with the citrus type of fruits.
- Wash the outer skin of the fruit, put it on a cutting board for slicing them off. You need to slice the fruit in half.
- Position your manual juicer & filled it with half sliced fruit. Don’t put too much to avoid excess pressure on the juicer. Put the plump side of the citrus fruit facing downward.
- Apply pressure firmly, spin it backwardly and forwardly and push it for extracting your fruit’s juice.
- Continue the same mechanism with another half of the fruit.
- As soon as you have finished juicing from all the fruits you want, pour them into glasses.
- Rinse your juicer and remove the by-products.
- Wash your juicer according to the instruction of the manufacturer.
Know the Steps of Using an Electric Juicer
- Choose your fruit according to your will, and it doesn’t have to be a citrus one. Almost all electric juicers can challenge weighty fruits, denser vegetables, root kind vegetables, some leafy greens. You can add mix fruits & vegetables for your preferred juice.
- Remove stones & stems from the fruit & slice them off.
- Use a bowl to keep the slices.
- Plugin the device & switch it on.
- Put the fruits in the juicer.
- Work slowly to get all possible juice from the fruit or your vegetable.
- When you are done juicing, turn off your electric juicer.
- Pour the juice into glasses after stirring it.
- Disassemble the juicer & remove the pulp.
- Rinse your juicer parts thoroughly. Wash it according to the instruction of the manufacturer.
Now, besides dividing the juicer into manual and electrical, they can also be classified based on their motive. Like -there is juicer for celery juice only.
Not all fruits and vegetables work well in a juicer, but it doesn’t mean you can’t make their juice. Have you ever made banana juice or peach juice? They aren’t good for juicing. If you have ever used them, then remember the way they mucked up your juicer.
On the other hand, I am entirely okay with plums. Let me introduce you to some fruits & vegetables that you need to consider.
Fruits that are good for a juicer:
- Honeydew melon
Vegetables that are good for your juicer:
- Bell peppers
On the other hand, banana and peaches juicing will result in wasting your extra time to wash them off.
Ways to Kill Your Juicer
Everything needs maintenance, hence your juicer. At the time of using the juicer and washing them off, we make some common mistakes. Those silly mistakes are enough to damage our juicer. So, it is mandatory to know how to use a juicer and what to avoid.
Boiling Water for Washing
Well warmed water can deform your juicer’s parts and can also cause leakage. With deformed parts, you will face problem to assemble the juicer.
Boiling water can also damage the magnetic sensors causing the juicer not to turn on thinking that the elements aren’t collected ideally. The juice will pass to the motor if the seals get damaged.
If you want to wash your juicer in hot water, then the temperature of the water should never be above 80⁰C.
Oven for Drying Juicer Parts
Don’t dry juicer parts in the oven. The problems stated above for boiling water can also happen in this case.
Using Knife as Pusher
When I bought my juicer, I was not finding the pusher. So, I use a knife for feeding products in the juicer. I was so careful that it doesn’t go too far. And that’s it. Guess what? It snapped. I am pretty much sure many of you have faced it. Some of you suffered auger jamming resulting in house damaging.
Overfilling the Juicer
We put a lot of fruits in the juicer, thinking that they will cause fast juicing. Such a funny wrong concept. When I see people doing that, I remember my childhood when I used to think that if I speedily use my pen, I will be able to write more papers. But that’s wrong. A pen has an exact amount of ink.
Whether I write fast or slow, it will cover the more or less the same number of pages. In the same way, whether you put fruits more or less, a juicer has a fixed capacity. Moreover, causing pressure will damage the juicer.
Cleaning is an integral part of maintenance. Follow the instruction of the manufacturer to wash it.
Concluding the Bottom
So, these are the actual methods of using a juicer. hope this article will help you to avoid the wrong techniques. You can contact us for any further queries.