Stainless steel appliances are very durable and also elevate the interiors of the house. No matter what your house decor theme is, they blend perfectly with everything. Not to mention, they make your work effortless.
However, with regular use, the appliances start to show signs of wear and tear. And the very first sign is small and unattractive scratches.
Fortunately, you can minimize these signs and help make your appliances look as good as brand new. Yes, you read it absolutely right!
Material and Tools Required
Materials and tools required to remove the scratch are:
- Non-abrasive Compound (Or Whitening Toothpaste)
- Microfiber Cloths
- Stainless Steel Scratch Removal Kit
How to Remove Scratches?
- First of all, you need to create a paste similar to a toothpaste consistency. For that, mix a few drops of water in the non-abrasive compound. Keep on adding the water drops till you get a cream-like texture. Or, you can also use whitening toothpaste.
- Apply the paste on the microfiber cloth and gently rub the cloth over the scratch in back and forth motion. (Note: Make sure to work in the direction of metal’s grain. Otherwise, the damage can get worse.)
- After you see the scratch buff out, use a barely damped cloth to remove the residuals. Use another fresh cloth to dry out the surface.
You can repeat this process 3 to 4 times to completely remove the scratch.
Seek Professional Help
Although this process is very easy and helps remove the scratches, understanding the direction of the metal’s grain can get confusing. To avoid further damage, it would be better for you to contact the home appliance repair experts. They will have a proper kit to remove the scratches.
In addition to that, they will also help in thorough cleaning and repair of the machinery. So, you need not worry about any machinery breakout.
Stainless Steel Scratch Removal Kit
In case the scratch is big, the non-abrasive compounds will not work with it. For that, you need to get a proper kit (the one that professionals use). The kit includes a polishing compound and a set of abrasive pads. These will help in restoring the surface.
However, to make sure it works properly, you have to follow the manufacturer’s instructions. It will tell you about the direction of grains, the use of grit pad, and the buffing process.
To ensure that the large and deeper scratch vanishes completely, you must stick with the instructions. Otherwise, the repair might turn into damage.
Precautions to Take
After the surface is restored, you have to take some precautions. These includes:
- Not using abrasive materials for cleaning.
- Using a rubber dish mat for washing heavy pots.
- Cleaning the machinery after every use to avoid discoloration or any other damage.
To Sum It All Up!
As your home appliances help you do the job, you must take care of them. Use the methods above-mentioned to remove the scratches. Apart from this, do contact the professionals to get proper repair of the appliance. It will help in prolonging the life of machinery and also reduce your burden.