Office cleaning is essential. To decrease germs, clean workplace equipment, gadgets, laptops, phones, computers, keyboards, and more; and make sure you read manufacturer instructions.
This article discusses practical methods for deep cleaning office equipment. Dirt2Tidy recommends hiring professional office cleaners if you don’t have the time or money to do it yourself.
Clean Office Equipment?
Desks, seats, curtains, workplace printers, laptops, and more are germ hotspots. The typical workplace desk is germier than a toilet seat.
Office printers and coffee machines are heavily utilized and shared. These high-traffic surfaces harbor germs that may quickly spread across the facility and to users.
Germs on equipment may spread to those who contact them and cause sickness. When a sick employee comes to work, the virus spreads quickly. It will endanger your employees’ health and the company’s productivity and profitability. Instead, engage a commercial cleaning firm.
Cleaning Office Gear
Knowing how to clean business equipment is beneficial whether you hire a cleaning company or do it yourself. These recommendations will assist you.
Use Good Cleaning Products
- Disinfect workplace printers, phones, keyboards, and other devices after each usage.
- Use only TGA-approved COVID-19- and pathogen-fighting cleaning and disinfectants.
- Before using, switch off the devices and let them dry.
- Clean your employees’ business desks. Give disinfectants, wipes, and other necessities.
- For best results, let the disinfectant rest for a few minutes or air dry.
- Employ a reputable commercial cleaning service.
- Clean office gadgets without ammonia or bleach.
- Instead of spraying disinfectant directly on equipment, wipe it with a clean cloth for the best impact and safety.
- Avoid cleaning the computer display with paper towels or tissues.
- Do not vacuum inside a vacuum cleaner to dust electronics.
- Your employees should wash their hands often, particularly before eating and after using the restroom, to prevent the spread of germs and sickness. If feasible, provide hand sanitizer stations at all office entrances.
Office Desk Cleaning
In light of the COVID-19 outbreak, staff should have their workstations cleaned every day. In addition to morning desk cleaning, urge your employees to maintain their workstations neat and tidy and not eat at them to prevent illnesses.
Clear the work desk before cleaning it. Next, disinfect the desk with a clean cloth or microfiber cloth. Use disinfecting wipes if available. Air-dry the disinfectant.
Meanwhile, disinfect all gadgets, including pen holders, laptops, keyboards, phones, etc. Return the objects to the desk when finished. Clean coffee mugs and water bottles regularly with soap and water, and make sure you dry them completely.
Cleaning Keyboard, Mouse, and Screen
Employ high-quality cleaning solutions and avoid harsh chemicals to clean electronics like keyboards, mice, and displays. As staff don’t share these products, daily cleaning should be plenty. It is highly recommended to hire a top-notch office cleaning company to make your work environment clean.
Turn off the computer and unplug it before cleaning. Use a brush or shake the keyboard upside down to remove dust and crumbs from between the keys. Clean leftover dirt using a pressurized sprayer.
Then, carefully wash the keyboard and keys with a disinfecting wipe, avoiding the holes. Clean the mouse and screen the same way.
Use gadgets after drying. Clean your computer screen without harsh chemicals. Use a moderate water-soap solution and a microfiber cloth to gently clean the display. Clean your computer using compressed air or a blower. Clean the inside without liquids.
Printers, refrigerators, microwaves, coffee machines, water dispensers, elevators, and other devices may be cleaned weekly, depending on their demands. High-use machines need regular cleaning.
- Standard equipment cleaning includes dusting, wiping off surfaces, and disinfection with wipes or microfiber cloths and TGA-approved disinfectants.
- These gadgets are cleaned similarly to laptops and phones. Avoid strong chemicals on displays. Microfibre cloths or coffee filters clean microwaves, and other machine glass.
- Disinfectant wipes may clean both desks and personal phones. After each usage, wipe your shared desk phone.
- Disinfect elevator buttons and other touchpoints while cleaning.
Cleaning Office Furnishings and Blinds
Commercial facilities should regularly clean chairs, upholstery, and gadgets. Why? Since these high-traffic products are shared and handled numerous times a day and may transmit illnesses.
Disinfectant wipes or microfibre towels may be used daily to clean employees’ personal seats, particularly armrests.
To destroy germs, clean and disinfect commonly handled furniture like the front desk, reception furniture, sofa, sofas, benches, canteen workstations, tables, etc.
To avoid germs, office blinds, drapes, and upholstery should be cleaned weekly.
Hiring Sydney’s Finest Commercial Cleaner
When you have little time or tolerance for cleaning, it might be daunting to follow all these processes and advice while maintaining your employees’ health and safety.
Sydney-based Dirt2Tidy is a top-rated business cleaning company trusted by hundreds of clients. Over 10 years of experience cleaning commercial equipment, machinery, and furnishings.
We clean floors, surfaces, desks, computers, windows, carpets, kitchens, toilets, bathrooms, and other working spaces using high-quality cleaning equipment and eco-friendly materials. Our comprehensive cleaning treatment will disinfect touchpoints and sensitive places like restrooms.