A good way to begin this process is to look at and think about the wall in front of you.
Should I consider leaving the wall blank? A blank wall will emphasize the decor and furniture in your room and can give a rest to the eye if the room decor is too busy.
However, if your wall is large you may want to select a large-scale work of art. This will dominate the room and display your particular preference.
Always take into consideration the decor of the room before making a decision on any wall art. Your selection should in some way complement the theme of the room. Be sure to select the perfect fine art photography that you love and feel represents you.
How to Choose the Right Wall Art for Your Wall
When we decide to interior decorate one of the first considerations is how to choose the best luxury wall art for our wall.
The typical and most common consideration is what to choose. Instead, we should think first about other factors such as the level of quality that we want to portray, the feeling that the artwork should evoke, and what and how to best show the product for a positive result.
View More Black and White Animal Pictures
You might also want to consider: what you believe will capture your audience and who your audience is.
A good way to do this is to have in mind a goal. Should it be attractiveness, power, or another wish? This will give a clearer direction to your choice. A suggestion here is to have a human element in your choice, and if possible have it look strictly out to the viewer- even better eye to eye if you can.
It is better not to choose a stock photo. This will usually give a cheap, boring, uncreative look. Your choice should be coordinated with your theme or brand, which will establish a more cohesive result.
Ask yourself “is the feel of the image right,” and “am I really engaging the viewer’s interest?”Analyze critically the image from your audience’s perspective.
Be sure to give time and consideration to this process as it will elevate your final result. By following our advice here, you can be sure to choose the right wall art for your wall.
Why Wall Art Matters Most In Interior Design
We should never scrimp on time or thought when decorating because wall art matters most in interior design.
It’s best to first decide on a room’s theme, color scheme, and your personal preference for artwork such as canvas and wall prints, photography subjects, and fine art paintings.
View More Bear Pictures Wall Art
There are many types of wall art to choose from. We’ll investigate a few of the most favored to get you started: canvas prints, metal prints, mounted wall art, photo spreads, and acrylic prints.
- Canvas prints are pressed with or without a frame. They are ideal for wedding photos, portraiture, and vacation themes. Usually, they have a magnetic frame and they will surely bring a room to life.
The canvas is made of poly cotton and has a semi-gloss finish that gives a very high-quality look.
- Metal prints can be used both inside and outside the house. The artwork is transferred onto thick metal with rounded corners. A brushed metal finish works well with muted colors. A metal tone surface is good with a glossy or matte finish
- Mounted wall art is lightweight and gives a fresh modern look. It may be framed or not and is in color or black and white.
- Photo spreads are mostly on canvas. Prints for a two-to-nine-inch display should be selected. They may be related in subject or not. It’s best to draw a schematic plan before hanging.
- Acrylic prints give a no-frame contemporary look.
Wall Art Hanging Ideas
We have many different wall-hanging ideas. We will outline several of the most common: above or on the mantel, an arrangement of squares, and ideas for a shelf.
- Above or on the mantel is a good choice for a large piece of artwork as it will make a major statement for any room.
Another attractive choice for this location is choosing several pieces of artwork in different sizes ((related or unrelated in subject matter,) and hanging them at random; they may be framed or not.
- An arrangement of squares that are the same size can create an interesting symmetrical grouping. It’s best to select squares from two to sixteen inches in size based on the dimensions of the wall.
An even number of squares should be used. Having a theme for this is a good idea: weddings, family portraiture, and special events should be considered.
- Shelf ideas can be very interesting. The artwork of different sizes can be strategically placed (framed or unframed,) and mixed with other items such as plants, books, or novelties. Be careful here to make the shelf not too cluttered.