All people need their own space, a comfortable room, and a soft bed, as well as our pets, do. After all, dogs and cats also want to have their own house or at least a secluded corner.
Why Do You Need Dog Furniture?
Furniture for dogs makes the life of a pet comfortable, and for the owner, it is also convenient.
- If the dog has its own bed or house, then it will not be nervous when staying alone for a long time or when there are too many strangers in the apartment. At any time, the pet will be able to hide there.
- If the animal has furniture in different rooms, then it can be next to the owner at any point
- apartments, while not lying on the floor, but comfortably resting on your bed.
- Furniture for dogs is needed to provide the pet with comfort and coziness.
- If your dog has long or thick hair, then the fur stays wherever the pet lies. That’s why furniture for the dog will be the solution to the problem of shedding. The dog will only sleep in one place.
- Dog furniture won’t ruin your interior. In Ambient Lounge, there are beds, rugs, and bedding for animals of different colors and textures that will perfectly fit into the design of an apartment.
Types of Furniture for Dogs
The beds can be frame and frameless, textile or plastic, different
colors, and shapes: round, rectangular, in the form of ottomans, nests, sofas. The sunbeds are equipped with soft bumpers. This is the most comfortable and easy to clean type of furniture for dogs.
Houses are made for any size of a pet. The dog will be very comfortable to rest because
the cottage has soft bedding, walls, and a roof. A secluded and semi-closed corner will be for
A four-legged friend’s favorite place.
Pads, mattresses, rugs, pillows, as a rule, do not have sides and are made of textile materials with a soft lining. They are used for cages, houses, or as a separate type of bed. They are convenient to transport and very easy to clean.
Blankets are presented in a wide range. Very easy to care for, comfortable, and very soft – they will appeal to all pets and owners.
Car mats are equipped with convenient car mounts. They can be in the form of crochet on a seat, a lounger in the trunk, a hammock, or bedding. These mats are usually made from moisture-repellent and non-staining material.
Recommendations for Choosing Dogs Furniture
When buying furniture for dogs, it is easy to get lost in such a variety. I would like to buy everything at once. However, this should not be done. First of all, examine the composition of the product.
You should choose things for your pet that are made of safe and hypoallergenic materials. If the dog is comfortable on his bed, then the thing will quickly become useful.
Furniture for a pet, first of all, should be:
- of high quality;
- easy to clean.
When buying furniture, pay attention to how your pet likes to sleep. The round dog bed is the most common form of bedding due to the pet’s habit of sleeping in a “donut”.
However, you shouldn’t dwell on this furniture option. If the animal prefers the master’s bed, armchair, sofa, buy a similar product for four-legged friends. In case the animal wants to lie on the floor, bring some dog bedding. Make sure they are washable.
Choose a cage based on the size of your pet. He should stand freely on his hind legs, stretch out while lying down, curl up into a ball. Calculate the parameters taking into account the fact that you need to put a mattress in the cage, which also takes up space in height.
When considering which bedding is best for dogs, pay attention to these points:
- Additional covers that can be removed from furniture and washed.
- The size of the bed – the animal should be able to stretch out calmly.
- The thickness of the dog’s mattress – if it turns out to be too thin, the pet will not like it, and he will not sleep there. The thicker and softer the mattress, the better. If the mattress is too firm, place a dog pillow on it.
- If the furniture on which the animal will sleep is in a secluded place, you can limit yourself to bedding. When the bed is located in a zone of constant movement, take a mattress with bumpers or a house.
- If the apartment is cold in winter, take an electrically heated dog bed or made in the form of a “suitcase” (sleeping bag). When your pet gets cold, you can also buy a heated blanket for dogs.
Where to Place a Dog’s Bed in an Apartment?
A pet must have a place where it can hide from prying eyes, sleep peacefully. Therefore, the main bed should be placed in a quiet, secluded place:
- under the stairs;
- in the pantry;
- in the corner of the room;
- on the bottom shelf of the cabinet, at the bottom of the furniture set (with the possibility of free entry and exit);
- under the owner’s bed, if there is free space under it (for example, located on the podium).
If you bought your pet additional furniture (sofa, ottoman, armchair) – they can be placed against the wall in the common room. The animal can lie there, be aware of all events and not interfere underfoot.
Never place furniture nearby:
- electrical appliances;
- at the front door;
How to Train Your Dog to a New Place?
If the dog likes the furniture, there will be no problems with training. Show it to your pet, say: “Place!”, Patting on the bed. When the animal stands on the mattress, praise, give a treat. Do this several times a day.
Place toys on the bed to keep your dog comfortable. With the right approach, the animal will understand where its new place is during the day. The pet will suspect a trick and refuse to approach the new furniture.
The Bottom Line
Furniture for dogs is an important element in pet care. Dogs love to relax in a secluded, cozy and comfortable place.
Having a bed or house for your pet has a positive effect on its behavior, as well as creates a sense of security and at the same time decorates the house.