One of the things we look forward to after a day of stressful work and a full brim of tasks of all sorts is comfort.
Something that will help alleviate all the stress and fatigue of your body. Thanks to technology’s advancements and trends, we are now enjoying the comfort and convenience that reclining chairs offer.
Assuming you’ve decided to purchase one, this walkthrough guide will help you find the perfect fit for your living space, budget, must-check features, and factors that affect a great buy, and more.
Read along as we’ll help shed light and provide you with everything you need to know and more.
Factors to Check When Buying the Right Reclining Chair
Before you aggressively check out or purchase that latest reclining chair model, which offers multifunctional and engaging features, there are essential factors that you’ll need to consider.
If you’re in a hurry, you can check this recent post by Cozyseating about the latest trends, best buys, affordable yet reliable, and completely durable chairs for a cozy and relaxing moment you truly deserved.
Not all reclining chairs are created equal, and you may need one that perfectly suits your personality, style, budget, and available living space. While there are plenty of known benefits, you must not be impulsive when deciding to buy one.
Through the years, recliners have completely transformed and morphed. The most important thing is, you’ll feel extra cozy that getting up is more challenging.
Your Body Size
Check the recliner whether it fits your body or not. You may want to do this for a long time to ensure total comfort. Ensure that your feet touch the floor once in a sitting position and your head fits the chair’s headrest comfortably.
To have a better comfort experience, ensure that space between the leg rest and seat is 5″ or less. It is also a safety hazard if you have pets or small kids in the house.
Constructions or Materials Used
The construction quality affects the durability, efficacy, reliability, and comfort of your recliner. You can check the construction guide for your sofa too. Aside from that, you’ll want to check for a recliner with quiet motors, heavy screws, and easy-to-use handles and levers.
Space Saving Features And Your Room Size
Before buying a recliner chair, you must be aware of the available living space placement. You might want to check the actual recliner size versus the room size. An allowance of 1 – 3 feet space from the wall is recommended.
Aside from construction, body size, and living space availability, you’ll want to check if the chair meets your style and preference, including home aesthetics.
In case you’ll get stuck in deciding which one to get, best to choose a classic appearance with a neutral tone to adapt to your changing decor easily.
With tons of recliner variance, it’s easy to get stuck in the middle and end up buying something that doesn’t meet fundamental factors. For instance, you might want to be familiar with various types: lift recliners, high-leg recliners, standard 3-way/2-way position recliners.
- Lift recliners gently rise from the sitting position to the standing position. These are ideal for people who need some support when standing up.
- High-leg recliners are a more stylish alternative. This recliner can be pricey but has various styles and comes with a push-back system. It has a more sleek and cleaner look with no handles visible.
- Standard 2/3-way position recliners are ideal for those who prefer both a casual feeling of comfort and looks. They are extremely comfortable and affordable.
Aside from aesthetics and comfort, we all want something that comes with the latest technology and powerful features to simplify our lives.
Features that you may want to consider on your recliner includes:
- Glider or rocker base: This feature allows the chair to glide or rock. This feature is ideal for people having issues sleeping or nursing moms.
- Massage: If you have joint or muscle pain, this feature is a must-have. It allows you to have an instant message with a simple button press.
- Built-in USB charger: A USB charger outlet allows you to charge your mobile phone while relaxing. You won’t need to move out of your comfortable spot when your phone battery requires charging.
- Wall hugger: It allows recliner placement near the wall to save space. This is suitable for space with limited available spaces and apartments.
- Lay flat: If you love sleeping on your chair, this feature is [perfect for you. It allows you to extend reclining your chair in a flat position.
- Power: Modern reclining chair allows you to recline the chair with a simple button press instead of a handle or lever.
- Big & Tall: This feature is designed for bigger people if you’ll need extra support to hold a weight compared to traditional recliners.
- Swivel base: This feature enables the recliner to move in any direction you prefer.
Covering the recliner is also another factor worth considering before purchase. Simultaneously, there are plenty of options from natural fabrics, synthetic microfibers, cotton, leather, and more. This varies by individual preference and style.
With the guide we’ve mentioned above, it will be a lot easier for you to find the perfect cozy chair suitable for your style and needs. In case you’re still undecided, go back to choosing the iconic models, and you can update your preference and needs from there.